Sunday, July 27, 2008

Will of Mary Jollie nee Moore 18 November 1824, my transcript of handwriting (hard to read)

This is the last Will and Testament of me Mary Jollie of the city of Carlisle _______________
I do give and bequeath unto Ellen Allen my nurse in consideration of her faithful
service, my bolsters and bedding consisting of three blankets, two quilts, one
pair of sheets, one feather bed (?) and bolsters. I also give and bequeath
to the said Ellen Allen the sum of forty pounds sterling to be paid out of my
personal property immediately after my demise. The residue of my personal estate
after payment of my just debts and funeral expenses I do give and bequeath to my son James Jollie and my daughter Frances Jollie to be equally divided between them share and share alike. And I apoint my daughter Frances Jollie to be the sole executrix of this my last Will and Testament hereby revoking all former and other will and wills by me at any time _____ made and _____this ____by my last will and testament in the witness and proof I have hereunto put my _____and seal this eighteenth day of November in the year of Our Lord one thousand eight hundred and twenty four Mary X (her mark) Jollie signed sealed published and declared by the______ Mary Jollie as ______for her last will and testament in the prescence of us who
at her request in her prescence and in the prescence of each other have inscribed
our names as witnesses

James Lowes Pamela Browne

Proved at London 1st February 1825 before the Judge by the Oath of Frances Jollie
spinster the daughter and also Executrix to whom Administration was granted
being first sworn by Commission duly to Administer.